The Section provides members with a great Annual Meeting each fall. Consider the quality of the academic institutions within the Section! The programming is useful to anyone in current practice, interesting to those no longer practicing, and educational for all. Each Annual Meeting provides approximately 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ over a three day period, with a variety of components:
- Point-Counterpoint Debates
- Panel Discussions
- State-of-the-Art Lectures
- Periodic courses, allied health program, hands-on sessions
- Sessions are held in intimate settings and afternoons are often free for leisure time. On the social side, the Section meeting features a Theme Reception and the President's Reception and Banquet.
- The meeting is held within the section two out of every three years, and an established rotation places the Meeting at an enjoyable destination outside of the Section every three years.
Network of Experts
Access to the Section website and members only area to network with other members.
Have a career related or practice question that needs an answer? Contact us. We are here to help you with any professional concerns you may have.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to participate on the various Committees of the Section. Some members also choose to serve as Section representatives to the AUA. Participation on all levels builds leadership skills and members are encouraged to be involved.
Research and Clinical Scholarships
The Section provides awards for the annual Resident Research Prize presentations in basic and clinical science, and additional reimbursements are provided to resident programs to help offset travel costs to meetings.
Application for Membership
Membership in the AUA requires reciprocal membership in the Section for most categories. Please review the membership categories below for additional information and requirements for membership.